Professional Installation Support:
Electric car charging points need to be professionally installed. A certified charging provider will include installation cost in the price of the unit. Somerset EPS offer this service to domestic and commercial clients.
• Installation of the charge point is usually undertaken on an exterior wall or garage, this will be near to where the car is parked. It is connected safely to the mains electricity supply
• Installation is usually undertaken within 3 hours, this depends on location, complexity and individual requirements
• Installations can be booked through Somerset EPS. Steve Eastick, Somerset EPS Director, is certified to install EV points (OLEV grant approved) and can provide advice regarding all installations
Home Charging Points
The OLEV Grant is a government grant for electric car home chargers, provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
• The OLEV Grant is named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), and provides up to £500 towards the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point
• It is available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars
• Claims can be made for one charge point per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household
Qualifying for the Grant:
To qualify, you need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle from 1st October 2016 onwards.
• You require off-street parking
• You are required to install an OLEV-approved charge point
• The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle
• You must use an OLEV-approved charge point installer
Not all plug-in vehicles are eligible for the OLEV EVHS grant. All full battery electric vehicles are eligible, but plug-in hybrid vehicle CO2 emissions must be calculated below 75g/km.
OLEV maintains a list of eligible vehicles on the Gov.uk website.